You may be curious about using solar energy, but it may have been difficult for you to learn about it. There are many things you need to know before you begin so that you’re able to get the full benefit of solar energy. The following information will educate you fully on your potential purchase.
- The amount of energy production is dependent on two things – the number of solar panels installed combined with the efficiency of your panels. Your installation company will calculate how many you need ahead of time. In most cases, buying larger, more efficient panels may be a wiser choice than buying a lot of smaller panels.
- As far as photo-voltaic panels go, two types exist. Less expensive panels are usually poly-crystalline, but they are not as effective as the more expensive mono-crystalline panels. Cheaper panels will not have the efficiency or the half-life of higher end panel types. You should invest in a very efficient solar energy system if that is something you can afford.
- Start small when you start using solar energy. Start by purchasing a few solar backyard lights. These solar-powered outdoor string lights from Baxtel are a wonderful way to illuminate your backyard. They can be found here https://amzn.to/3phBADP
- The density of the solar panels you purchase will determine how efficient they are. Higher density panels will run you more because they produce more energy. Be sure to compare densities before picking your panels.
- Sunlight is not a prerequisite for solar panel effectiveness. Some people will solar power will protest that they’ve gotten the best results on the worst looking days.
- If you have the space and the resources, the absolutely best system for generating solar electricity is a sun tracking panel system. They literally turn as the sun moves across the sky. Solar tracking systems may be more expensive initially, but they pay off with the extra energy they produce.
- You can get started with simple things like installing a solar powered hot water heater. Photovoltaic panels work best in areas that get about five hours of unobstructed sunlight. One of the major costs of a pool is heat, and solar heating can greatly reduce this cost.
- If your new home is being built, you should look into solar energy for it. Installing solar energy systems greatly reduces or even eliminates your impact on the environment. If you haven’t checked this energy source out, you should now.
- You can be free of the power grid when you generate your own solar power. You are an independent user of power, and you don’t have to rely on your local power company. You will not have to pay any service fees to your energy provider if you choose to remain independent.
- Lastly, if you are generating solar power during the day, why let that energy be lost at night? Consider a solar-powered battery and backup generator system by Generac. This will allow you to store your unused power so that you can use it whenever you need. In the event of a power-outage, your generator will automatically kick on and keep your home powered for many hours. Generac leads the way with their solar-powered battery and backup generator systems.
If you use the tips mentioned above, you are well on your way towards establishing a sound plan to use solar energy within your business or home. Hopefully any questions you had were answered, and now you’re prepared to get started. And of course, if you would like more information, we are here to answer all of your questions. No pushy sales tactics, just helpful solar pros!